Commercial Pilot License

The purpose of this license is to allow pilots to receive compensation for hire to fly. It is an advanced license and pilots can carry passengers and cargo for hire, if possible. Generally, this license is taught in a more advanced aircraft with retractable gear. To receive this license, both flight and ground instruction with a written, oral, and practical exam given by an FAA Examiner must be completed. 

Apus Air is a FAA approved 141 school that offers one-on-one training to students seeking professional training in order to pursue a career in aviation. Go from zero to a Commercial Pilot in at little as 6 months.

Ground school instruction includes preflight preparation and procedures; complex aircraft procedures; complex aircraft systems; advanced multiengine aerodynamics; airplane performance limitations; Federal Aviation Regulations; stall awareness; aeronautical charts and publications; radio aids to VFR navigation; meteorology and weather data services; national airspace system; radio communications; air traffic control; aero medical factors; commercial operations; passenger and freight loading; night maneuvers; and ground operations.

Flight training syllabus includes preflight procedures; airport operations; maximum performance takeoffs and landings; maximum performance flight maneuvers; ground reference maneuvers; navigation and cross country flying; slow flight and stalls; complex aircraft operation; commercial flight maneuvers; emergency procedures; night operations; and postflight briefing.

Multi-Engine Rating

This rating allows pilots to fly twin engine aircraft. It requires both flight and ground instruction followed by a practical exam with an FAA Examiner.

Certified Flight Instructor

A certified Flight Instructor is allowed to teach people how to fly. They can provide both ground and flight instruction to students seeking the pilots licenses and ratings. A CFII is an instructor who can teach students to fly in the clouds so that they may obtain their Instrument Rating. An MEI is an instructor who can teach students to fly twin engine aircraft so they may obtain their Multi-Engine Rating. Each instructor rating requires a written, oral, and practical exam. In some cases, multiple written exams are required. The oral and practical exams take place at the Flight Services District Office (FSDO) where an appointment has to be made. 

A: The program students are fulltime students. They are the ones who are dedicated to flying. You will be flying Monday through Friday and spend your next few months immersed in training and surrounded by people just like you. One of the perks of being a program student is that you receive unlimited ground hours. Yes, I mean unlimited. So ask all the question you want and don't worry about the clock ticking.


For more information, please email or call 619-562-1075 during business hours.